DID YOU KNOW?...
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur
- A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours
- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds
DID YOU ALSO KNOW?...
If just 1,000 of the people in your organisation could touch type to a minimum speed of 30wpm, you could have the equivalent extra power of:
- 15,714 additional days work = 71 additional people
The average two finger typist keys in at about 15wpm. A competent touch typist can easily achieve over 60wpm. Simple arithmetic tells you that someone keyboarding for 1 hour a day could save between 15 and 20 days (yes days!) a year by simply increasing from 15wpm to 30wpm!
So, by ensuring each person touch types to a consistent 30wpm, each person gains an extra 15 days per year.
*Assuming 1,000 staff x 15 days = 15,000 extra days work!
SOME WORKPLACE - "DO YOU KNOWS"...
- People with good core skills are more confident, less muddled in their approach to work and less prone to stress.
- According to national statistics, an average person takes 5.4 days sick leave a year, through stress related illness.
- Hidden inside stress related issues is often the inability to cope with increased workload – the assertiveness to say No!, incomplete skills sets, poor time management etc……
- If the fundamental core skills were a compulsory part of everyone’s training, you have the potential to reclaim at least 50% of the sick leave.
- 50% of 1,000 staff = 500 x 5.4 sick days = 2,700 extra days work
So far you have regained some 17,700 work days and saved £1.92m.
...Not bad !
Do you know, what your people say?...
- 31% of staff on training know they can do a better job but can’t get off the working wheel long enough to learn
- 81% of staff on training, train for their own benefit
- Client facing staff have, on average, a weekly task list of 8 IMPORTANT things to do, however they only achieve 2 out of the 8!
- 99.8% agreed they would benefit from Time Management training of one form or another
- 64% are aware they need to improve their spelling, grammar and general written skills
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
you tend to see every problem as a nail"
Abraham N Maslow
Pitman Training offers you the tool box,
...not just the hammer!